1 Corinthians 15:51-52 “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”
The rapture of the church will be a moment in history that will shake the world. In what will be a compelling moment for many to fear and hide, some will realize the true nature of what just occurred—they missed it.
The prophecies regarding the final days of the church have been spoken of for thousands of years, it’s no wonder so many people turn off their receptors when this imminent event is discussed. There have been many false prophets that have claimed to have knowledge of when this event will occur and all of those dates have come and gone in succession.
I don’t want to talk about when this event will occur, I want to share hope with those who will be left behind. Those who have listened to the warnings, have partaken of the services or revivals, or have even used the name christian as part of their identity and yet never gave their hearts to Christ….they never knew Him. It is this group of people who have realized their critical error and have found themselves having to partake of the greatest testing the world has ever known, it is to these I want to leave a final word.
Isaiah 13:9 “Behold, the day of the LORD comes, Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger, To lay the land desolate; And He will destroy its sinners from it.”
The false ideologies of this world will be exposed by the rapture of the church. All those who have entrusted their salvation to false prophets will be left holding a bag of empty promises. Muhammed, Charles Russell, Joseph Smith, Buddha, to name a few…the followers of these liars will be shocked to find that the systems they established were founded in sin, rebellion, and idolatry. Behind every false doctrine is the great deceiver, Satan himself. There are so many ways for people to be led astray, it seems that a world system has been created for people to pick and choose their style like going to an ice cream parlor and choosing your flavor.
There is only One Way to salvation and that is by the blood of the Lamb. Some have made Jesus’ legacy into a sideshow, other’s have relegated Him to a child of incest, or a created being that had grandiose aspirations but was never who He claimed to be…God incarnate.
Most people have heard the gospel but many have not believed it. You’ve missed the rapture—-now what? What can you expect? What lays in store for you now that you’ve been left behind?
The Anti-Christ will arise.
Once the initial shock of losing millions of people simultaneously has passed, a central figure will arise upon the earth in whom the world will rally behind, a strong figure that plans to unite all of the kingdoms of the earth. The intent for world control will be labeled as one meant to be a peace mission, an opportunity to reestablish the world economy. The first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation is a giant set-up for what is yet to come. With the loss of the church, a massive world wide depression will probably occur. To combat this catastrophe, resources will be funneled into a new regime, an epicenter will be established, power will be relegated to this super commander in chief, and evil will loom in the background for a while. Currency will become unified under one title, more than likely a cashless society will take form and control of all commerce will be held in check by this One World government. Militaries will unite under his leadership and all who stray from his command will be punished by all of the world. A false prophet will also become prominent in this day, one who believes the antichrist is deity and ushers in a form of religion that forces people worship this evil ruler, it is during this time that 144,000 previously orthodox jews will realize that Jesus was indeed the Messiah and will begin a world-wide evangelistic crusade.
Stages of Judgement
As outlined in Revelation 5-19, a series of judgements will befall the earth as ordered by God Himself; Seven seals, seven trumpets, and seven bowls of wrath. What looked like a new order of peace and security during the first 3 1/2 years will turn into a living nightmare for all who dwell upon the earth.
The 7 Seals
: Revelation 6:1-17
The seals hold a scroll closed and as each seal is broken a new judgement is unleashed upon the earth.
The question goes forth…
Revelation 5:2 “And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?”
vs. 3-5 “But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or look inside it. And I began to weep bitterly, because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or look inside it.
Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed to open the scroll and its seven seals.”
Why is Jesus worthy to open the scrolls? The purpose of the judgements is to draw forth any that might remain who will follow Christ and receive grace. The opportunity will be given through worldwide trials. In the midst of great suffering, the grace of God shines forth until the end.
- The first seal introduces the AntiChrist.
- The second seal releases warfare throughout the earth.
- The third seal releases famine.
- When the fourth seal is opened, 1/4 of the earth’s population are killed “by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.”
- The scroll’s fifth seal reveals those who will be martyred for their faith in Christ during the tribulation.
- When the Lamb of God opens the sixth seal, a devastating earthquake occurs, causing massive upheaval and terrible devastation—along with unusual astronomical phenomena: the sun turns black, and the moon turns blood-red, and “the heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Survivors of the sixth seal, regardless of their social position, take refuge in caves and cry out to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
- When the seventh seal is opened there is silence in Heaven for 1/2 hour. The next phase is about to begin and immediately 7 angels are handed 7 trumpets that are ready to sound. An eighth angel takes a censer and burns “much incense” in it, representing the prayers of God’s people (verses 3–4). The angel then took the same censer, “filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake” (verse 5).
The trumpets include 1. hail and fire that destroy much of the plant life in the world (Revelation 8:7), 2.Then the second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned to blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. (Revelation 8:8-11), 3. A meteor falls to the earth called Wormwood and a third of the waters turned bitter like wormwood oil, and many people died from the bitter waters. 4. After the 4th angel blows the trumpet, a third of the sun and moon and stars were struck. A third of the stars were darkened, a third of the day was without light, and a third of the night as well.(Revelation 8:12).
- If the first 4 Trumpet judgements weren’t hard enough, a special warning goes forth for what is about to take place.
5. The fifth trumpet releases a plague of “demonic locusts” that torture the unsaved. They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads (Revelation 9:1-11), 6. The sixth angel releases a demonic army that kills a third of humanity (Revelation 9:12-21).
- In case there was any doubt who is KIng, the 7th Trumpet announces who is on the throne.
7. Then the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and loud voices called out in heaven: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever.” Then the temple of God in heaven was opened, and the ark of His covenant appeared in His temple. And there were flashes of lightning, and rumblings, and peals of thunder, and an earthquake, and a great hailstorm.
7 Bowls of Wrath
Revelation 15:1 “Then I saw another great and marvelous sign in heaven: seven angels with the seven final plagues, with which the wrath of God is completed.”
- So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and loathsome, malignant sores broke out on those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. (Revelation 16:2)
- And the second angel poured out his bowl into the sea, and it turned to blood like that of the dead, and every living thing in the sea died. (Revelation 16:3)
- And the third angel poured out his bowl into the rivers and springs of water, and they turned to blood. (Revelation 16:4)
- Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was given power to scorch the people with fire. (Revelation 16:8)
- And the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness, and men began to gnaw their tongues in anguish. (Revelation 16:10)
- And the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings of the East. And they assembled the kings in the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon. (Revelation 16:13,16)
- Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came from the throne in the temple, saying, “It is done!” and there were flashes of lightning, and rumblings, and peals of thunder, and a great earthquake the likes of which had not occurred since men were upon the earth—so mighty was the great quake. The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. And God remembered Babylon the great and gave her the cup of the wine of the fury of His wrath.” Then every island fled, and no mountain could be found. And great hailstones weighing almost a hundred pounds each rained down on them from above. And men cursed God for the plague of hail, because it was so horrendous. (Revelation 16:17-21).
Wow…If this sequence of events doesn’t make you take notice of where you are now, nothing will. These events will be as close to Hell on Earth as possible while there are reminders of God’s greatness.
Yes, Lord God Almighty, true and just are Your judgments.”
“Great and wonderful are Your works, O Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the nations! Who will not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before You, for Your righteous acts have been revealed.”
Everything that God does reveals His glory. The judgements we see will be used to squeeze every last man or woman from the earth who might be saved from eternal judgement. These judgements show just how important salvation is for every person on earth.
We do not want to spend one day upon this earth during the great tribulation. The time of Christ’s return is imminent and He gives us a reminder of how to stay ready.
Revelation 16:15 “Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who remains awake and clothed, so that he will not go naked and let his shame be exposed.”
If your not ready….GET READY. If you don’t have a walk with Christ I encourage you to do it now. Humble yourself before Him, accept the grace He so readily offers and follow Him with all your heart. Jesus will accept you as you are. Trust Him and you will be spared from the wrath to come.